From 13th to 15th July 2022 at the Classic Lodge in Nyakinama in Musanze District, a workshop was held for non-governmental organizations working on human rights.
It was organized by the UN Commission on Human Rights in Rwanda in collaboration with CLADHO, Umbrella Human Rights Organization founded in 1993 with the mission of defending, protecting and promoting human rights and social justice in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Extractive Industry Workers Union (REWU) was represented by its Northern Province Coordinator Mr. Deogratias Musabyimana.
Among the topics discussed were:
1. The introduction on human rights Standards
2. Definition, applicable legal framework context
3. Principles, difficulties and dilemmas in human rights monitoring.
4. Gathering contextual information analysis
5. Interviewing witnesses, victims, sources and suspects.
6. Protection of victims’ sources and other cooperating persons.
Focus group discussions were also organized to see together how the victim, the informant and other people involved in advocacy are protected as vulnerable groups.